UCC

Merrilee
Administrator

Have you used UCC (User Created Content = having your Ss make videos or audio files or other kinds of content) in your teaching? If so, tell us about it. If you haven’t yet, let us know how you would like to incorporate UCC into your teaching.

Re: UCC

Gwang-Hun An
These days, There are numerous UCC videos online.
Usually, I visit YouTube in terms of teaching English myself.
I visit there to look for UCC which is related to electronics or workout.
And I can learn how to talk about my cell, laptop, and the procedure of stretching or yoga in English.
I'm sure I will be able to make use of this stuff for English lesson.
After watching this kind of video, students will be able to learn how to explain their electronics or
how to do stretching or yoga.

Re: UCC

Hyunsook June Yoon
Good ideas, Alex! I agree that students will fall for stuff like that. They really like to learn something that is relevant to them.

Re: UCC

Choi Kyong A
hi~Alex. It's good idea because most of people are not familiar with these words to explain electronics and they will have fun getting know new voca in new field. Also, we can recommend making UCC after students learn the lesson.

Re: UCC

Choi Kyong A
I've not used UCC in my teaching, I only had recorded video with some students to use this in open class
In this video, some students gave peers questions after they learned reading text. Most of students were motivated to take part in the class positively.
Therefore making UCC could be used post activity in the lesson or given as assigment  to students such as 'how to make cookies' and how to introduce themselves to new friends  etc.

Re: UCC

Heewon Park
Actually, I used UCC in learning when I was a third year student in university.
The professor who teached 'Modern English Drama' gave an assignment making UCC which have to include the most impressive scene of the play. In our group, we dealt with 'Death of a Salesman' and we made a UCC to express an inner conflict of salesman. And each group's UCC was used in the lecture.
For this experience, I realize that UCC is a very good material for students and teachers. It can include realistic and interesting content because it is made by the general public like us.
So I want to use UCC into my teaching as a sample of role-play activity or presentation.

Re: UCC

Heewon Park
Hi, kyong A!
I also agree with your idea about using UCC as an assigment to students
It will be a great experience for students to make their own UCC which can deal with some interesting topics like you said!