RhinoSpike

Merrilee
Administrator

A few years ago I was asking some of my grad students if they knew of a site where teachers could get a native speaker to record short passages. I was just sure there would be some enterprising Korean company that had thought of doing that for a small fee… but my students couldn’t find anything like that. Needless to say, I was quite excited when I stumbled upon RhinoSpike. This is a fantastic resource for non-native EFL teachers because you often need a recording of a native speaker. I actually just used this a few weeks ago when I needed something recorded in a British accent. It only took about a day to get results (and it probably helped that I contributed a recording as well).

Anyway, give it a try and let us know how it works for you. And don’t forget to first check and see if there are any Korean recordings that you can help with.

Re: RhinoSpike

Hyunsook June Yoon
I really love the idea of giving and taking. I've just finished recording myself. kkk There were two Korean Audio requests and I used my laptop and had no problem of uploading my recordings. I will definitely go back to the site and make an audio request in the future.

Re: RhinoSpike

Sunny Seuyeun Park
I could not find requests that I could help yet, but I would like to do if I find some!
So far, I have only known the site where I could request a text translation as well as help someone who need my translation. I am glad to know this useful site and would love to use this near in the future.

Re: RhinoSpike

Choi Kyong A
This post was updated on .
Hello~~~June and Sunny
Isn't it really fantanstic resourse as the professor told us~~
Sometimes I really needed recording voice in English for my son.
I just used Saypen with stickers for recording. (although I had to buy stickers, it's not expensive.)
 At first, I put the stickers on one of the book I want to record and I touch the sticker with pen
Second, After I record my voice with Saypen, I need to contact Saypen with the sticker again.
Whenever my son contacts the sticker with Saypen, he can hear my voice.

Anyway, I joined the site of " RhinoSpike" I tried to request for recording a phragraph of Thomas Story book
like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6Bm-xlojP5MkNOaFc1bV9FMTg/view?usp=sharing

I'm waiting for it until it will be recorded.
It's a really nice site for us!!!