Project 1: Prezi

12

Project 1: Prezi

Merrilee
Administrator

If you created a Prezi for Project 1, please give us some info about it and provide the link.

**For this assignment, you need to engage in peer feedback before submitting it to me. Please first upload your assignment to the discussion board for peer feedback and correction. After you modify your work based on the feedback you receive, then email me your final improved version. (Giving useful feedback is an important part of your grade, so please participate.)

Make sure you check the syllabus for scoring criteria!

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
Hi, everyone. I will use this prezi on the first day of my English class. I want to motivate my students and I also want to learn about them and know how good their English is. This is my first experience with Prezi, and I think it is a really neat tool for teachers but it was a little hard for me to use.

http://prezi.com/hvlhigm2xknm/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Sunny Seuyeun Park
Hi June!
It looks it would be very effective if you use this prezi on your first day of the class! :)
It includes a lot of important information, rules and about you! Your students must like it very much.

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Sunny Seuyeun Park
Hi there,
The weather is so bad today..... Hope you all doing well.

In this semester, I have been taking "Teaching English through English Literature" course in my grad school. so.. I thought about using fairy tales to teach students English (especially younger students)!
http://prezi.com/1cpjm1e4_ymy/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
Here is my prezi :) I would like to hear some comments from you guys! Thank you :)

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
This post was updated on .
Hi, Sunny! It's was sooooooo gloomy yesterday. I am so happy to see the Sun today.

Some suggestions: Nicely done Sunny and I really enjoyed watching all the videos you included. You also added a question at the end. I think the background is kind of dark so if you can use bigger font for this question, it will be more presentable to the students at the back of the class. I also think at the end of each video you might add one or two questions for students to talk about. That way, they can become more involved in the story. That's all. See you soon on Saturday!

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Heewon Park
Hi, June! Your prezi work will be helpful for teachers to use in the first day of class~
It not only includes many good information but also it is simple for students to understant

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Heewon Park
Sunny~I love your prezi work!! It's because I'm interested in fairy work, but not only for that reason.
There are a lot of interesting images and videos which are well matched with the contest you are trying to show. I think it's good material for students to enjoy it

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Heewon Park
My prezi is for intermediate levels of middle school students.
I'm inspired by one of the speaking activity in our TELS class
so I make a some kind of route map to proceed speaking activity.
I organize 5 parts and each part includes brief direction with image.

http://prezi.com/epc6gdmmoejc/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunchung
This post was updated on .
Hi... All^^

My prezi is for beginner level English learners. I think I have a lot of things to change.
Honestly, I had tried to make a role play activity using Prezi for this assignment.
I couldn't make it. I think almost all feel like me, it is totally unfamiliar with me.
 I have to practice more with this program.

After taking a break, I am going to comment on all Prezi works in this weeks' section.
I hope you all are going well in Prezi assignment.

http://prezi.com/xuhgpz_wqxtp/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
by Hyunchung

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
Wow~you changed the topic of your Prezi!
I think this Prezi is more organized well rather than the previous Prezi eventhough it also looked nice.
I like it!! ^^

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
I also changed my topic of the lesson because just one topic(talking about hobby) was not enough to fill
my Prezi. This Prezi  is for 1st grade in high school  and one lesson of their coursebook. I'm trying to introduce the heritages of the world easily using some pictures and video-clip. Some of video-clip are a little long so I will cut them appropriately.

http://prezi.com/qi1ghrh-vnbk/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
Hi~Stephanie!
I guess your Prezi also took lots of time to be completed I can understand it!^^
It will be good for adult beginner level learners right??
Your Prezi has good contents to introduce each other when they first meet.
Good job!!^^

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
Bella, you are really good with Prezi!! I love your second one as well! Overall it looks really good. Just one little thing, I found "the most great ...." but you can say "the greatest thing" instead.

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
Hi, Stephanie! I love the microscope in your Prezi.  Just one thing I found. You need a space between '5 and sentences'. Speak more than 5sentences. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
Hi, Marina! I honestly enjoyed all the videos you included in your Prezi!  It is great to hear different accents and I was happy to see Jeju among other places. Nicely done really! I think students listen a lot here and maybe your SLOs can include something related to listening than reading? Moreover, I think 1st graders in high school can have less controlled activities such as make a vacation plan with your group members! One last thing, I think you can review and check their comprehension right after they watch all the video clips before they move on to different activities. Great job Marina and have a great rest of the weekend!

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Gwang-Hun An
Sorry guys I'm super late.

I made up prezi about spring.

http://prezi.com/mir66tftjtnm/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Gwang-Hun An
Hey Sunny~
It's so lucky not to have any homeworks in your prezi :D

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Gwang-Hun An
Hi Stephanie?

It looks like you're trying to teach some words and expressions.
In my opinion, why don't you put some images to explain words and phrases?
I think students will be more excited and encouraged to learn new words and expressions.

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunchung
Hi. Alex~ Thank you for your suggestion^^
I try to make a Prezi which will be used in speaking class, so it is composed of some explanation about practical expressions and vocabulary. My class is for adult beginner level. I had thought about similar opinion from you. Is it really efficient to put some images about words standing for personality, such as kind, active. I am not so sure of that. But it will be working for favorite doing section. Thank you for your recommendation

And I also enjoy your Prezi.
Yours looks very pinky and it is filled with air of spring.
I like your template and it seems very relevant to your topic.
by Hyunchung

Re: Project 1: Prezi

Hyunchung
June!!! Thank you for your correction. I will modify it.

I enjoy your Prezi. It is well-organized. Although it contains lots of sentences, it doesn't make viewers tired. I think yours are very good. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any mistakes or misspelled word.
I just worry about the rules section. When you use it in the real class, I think you spent a lot of time to explain all rules in that section. How about put all rules in one timed slide. What I mean is that you can simultaneously explain all the rules by one time showing, not ordering by pop up. From my experiences, spending too much time in regulating students was not good for backwash and face validity.
But concerning that you are a public high school teacher, it may be working for your students
by Hyunchung
12