Prezi

Merrilee
Administrator

This week you should experiment with Prezi. You can either:
1)      Try to make your own Prezi from scratch
2)      Find an existing Prezi that you would like to use or modify
3)      Convert one of your PPTs to Prezi

Share your results by giving us the link. You can also make comments about the process.
* You don’t have to complete the project yet, but you can show us your work. This can be the start of your project due next week.

[Reminder: You have your first project due next week, so there are no video clips to analyze this week. Spend the extra time working on your project.]

Re: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
This post was updated on .
http://prezi.com/io6svun-j1jn/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

This is my first Prezi work so it does not look so good but I tried to make my Prezi  for Korean second graders in middle school.
The topic is "What is your hobby? and students can ask and answer their hobbies each other. This prezi is a kind of the introuduction of my lesson to make students pay attention to the topic.
While I was following the steps, I felt Prezi could show a whole picture or image of the topic compared with ppt and I could share my file with other people easily.

At first, I joined the site of Prezi so I could make my own Prezi ID
Second, I could choose one of templates I would like to edit among several sample templates.
Third, I thought about what topic I want to teach or what kinds of steps(order) I want to do for the lesson.
Last, I searched proper images or video-clip related to the topic and edited the step I would explain for students.

I'm not sure with my work , Is it right ??

Re: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
This post was updated on .
Hi, Marina! Yes, it is. I went to your Prezi and I think it is a great idea to use prezi presentation for lead-in stage. I also checked out the Youtube link you put on the music section and middle school 2nd graders will love it.  However, in the video clip everybody speaks in Korean. If you can find an English version, they can listen to authentic language during class. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Re: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
This post was updated on .
I also used prezzi to make a presentation I could use for the first day of my English class. This will include class rules, ice breakers and so on, but I haven't completed them. I just made the frame I would work on. The backgroud is the picture I took on a plane. I want to motivate my students by showing a relevant picture because they will need to communicate in English when they travel in the future no matter where they travel. For example, they order drinks or food on a plane using Ensligh. I spoke in English even when I travled to Japan last year. Plz throw any ideas about what I can do on the first day of my English class.

http://prezi.com/hvlhigm2xknm/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

Re: Prezi

Gwang-Hun An
Hye june how are you?
I checked out your prezi.
the picture you took on the airplane looks good.

Re: Prezi

Gwang-Hun An
This is Gwang-Hun from 2+4+1 class.
I had a experience to make the prezi and the presentation also in college.
But I can't find my prezi work.
So, I just tried to make up the outline of my previous prezi.

http://prezi.com/r1bhkofx7jmh/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

Re: Prezi

Hyunchung
This post was updated on .
Good evening. Marina! June! Alex!
You guys all very well in Prezi.
I made two forms of Prezi.
At the beginning of this week, Since I think this homework is really authentic I wanted to make a practical Prezi for English class. But, it is my first work with Prezi. I had a lot of difficulties, and I also waste a huge amount of times.

The first link is about Sexual Harassment. I made it based on my PPT file which I have made it for mandatory education for various conglomerates' employees. Although I already have a completed PPT file about this topic, I couldn't finish it.
1. http://prezi.com/wgxmd44k65vc/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

The second link is about past tense. I made it based on Basic Grammar in Use. The Prezi isn't ready to facilitate. I have to put various sentences and practice into the screen.
2. http://prezi.com/0sltcwqa1lpg/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
by Hyunchung

Re: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
This post was updated on .
hi~~June!
Thank you for the comment about my Prezi.
To grap student's attention I chose that video-clip with 아이유^^ but I need to consider English version of it.

And I checked your prezi. It's really good for the first day of school because we usually take a time to explain the rule in the class.
Also you're working on next step for your lesson I'm expecting it . Can I ask what level of students you're going to teach with this lesson?

Re: Prezi

Choi Kyong A
hi~~Stephanie!
I checked your Prezi~~the topic is really interesting and I want to take your lecture as a student^^.
and when I played your Prezi, some content(circle) appears two times.
I guess you wanted to focus on that part. right??^^
but it looks so great!!!
We spent  a lot of time to complete it because of the first try of Prezi.
I hope we can be more faster later~~

Re: Prezi

Hyunchung
Kyong A!!
Thank you for encouraging me.
I was never meant to highlight some parts. I have to check my Prezi.
It might be my mistakes.
by Hyunchung

Re: Prezi

Heewon Park
Hello everyone~ I look into all of your prezi and there are very insteresting topics in it!
I think it would be better to use prezi rather than ppt in some case
when we need to draw more attention from students,
because prezi can be a quite dynamic tool for giving lecture.

Re: Prezi

Heewon Park
This is my work of prezi, I made it when I was in last semester at the university.
My presentation topic is about the connection between old English literature and
the role of gender,especially focused on woman.
Now I add some contents and modify the frame a little bit :)

http://prezi.com/4rgoe77ckgjq/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
Bella, I absolutely love your prezi! The color and design and all the pictures and how it is organized. Nicely done.

Stephanie, I cannot go to your prezi... Is it only me? I clicked on the link and it said page cannot be found.

Marina, it's for middle school students. I usually teach 3rd graders but I think I can use it for 1st graders too.

Alex, psychology is really interesting topic to talk about. I wonder how you will get students use English with that prezi.  It's going to be a fun topic for middle school or even high school students.

Re: Prezi

Wookyung Ahn
Hi, June. Hope you are doing well :)
And yes! I couldn't access to Stephanie's links either.
After seeing you guys work, mine looks so rubbish,, You guys are awesome!!
I have a long way to go! haha.
I'll post it later today and I'd love to get some feedback from you guys!

Re: Prezi

Wookyung Ahn
This is my draft for my very first Prezi.
Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you :):)

http://prezi.com/pt_oikkhswcu/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Re: Prezi

Hyunsook June Yoon
This post was updated on .
Hi, Wookyoung! Yours don't look rubbish at all in any way! It looks really hip and nice.

My suggestions: I really enjoyed the video. Students will love it; they are talking about the famous Korean actor and some foreigners even spoke in Korean! BTW, you can add the youtube video to the path and if you do that you just need to hit arrow to play it. To 'the information is power' part, You can also add more details. For example, we know that a majority of information on the Internet is in English but to support your claim you can give away a specific percentage related to it. I found that around 80 per cent of information on the Internet is written in English and 75 per cent of the world's communication is written in English. Lastly, you might add questions students can talk about after they see all the reasons they need to learn English such as what are your motivations or reasons for learning English?

That's all. See you on Saturday!!

Re: Prezi

Hyunchung
June! I had a trouble to link the Prezi website.
I fixed it. Plz check my Prezi. It was a first draft of week6's assignment.
But I have changed topic. Plz check and make suggestion for a Prezi on week6 section.
Thank you
by Hyunchung

Re: Prezi

Hyunchung
Wookyung! Yours looks very simple, but I think it will be the good materials for your teaching.
If you make a presentation rich, you can make up for the simplest screen with your fancy speech.
The best presenter, Steve Jobs' material was as simple as yours. Practice more with Prezi, and make a good skills in public speaking. Take your situation that it is the very first time to make Prezi into consideration, I think it is not rubbish.
by Hyunchung