Boardgame (Assignment 2)

12

Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Merrilee
Administrator

**For this assignment, you need to engage in peer feedback before submitting it to me. Please first upload your assignment to the discussion board for peer feedback and correction. You should get feedback BEFORE you finalize/laminate your materials. After you modify your work based on the feedback you receive, then email me your final improved version.

*Please check the syllabus for the assignment details, including scoring.

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunsook June Yoon
Hello, everyone! This is the board game I made. I made it for middle school first and second graders. Ss should roll a dice and speak a sentence related to the image they land on in order to move forward.
Please give me some feedback!

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Heewon Park
How are you, June? What a nice board game!
There are various images about daily routine.
I just wonder whether the phrase which is related to the image is on the board or not.
Do students make a sentence related to the image and speak it?
My board game is also comming soon~

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunsook June Yoon
This post was updated on .
Hi, Bella! Yes, they were related to the images in the board game. I will go over those expressions first and after students get some chance to internalize those expressions, I will use this board game as a final fluency activity. They need to personalize the image. For example, if they land on wake up, they will say something like "I wake up 7 in the morning".  Take a shower: I take a shower everyday.

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Choi Kyong A
This post was updated on .
hi~~~June!!
Wow~~your board game looks so great and colorful. Your students'll love it I am sure!!
I also tried to think about my board game and made it while I was listening to last week's lecture.
My board game is really similar with yours because our target level of students is same.

hum,,,Your game is really good but if you want to get feedback,,,^^
Aha~~I have two questions to understand your game.
1. Are you going to include from number 1 to 16 verb phrases in your worksheet with the board game for 1st grade ?

2. How about giving some steps or directions for playing a game?
but I guess you'll explain it before the game,

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Choi Kyong A
This post was updated on .
I uploaded it again

This board game is for the first grade in middle school after they learn “present progressive”.
This activity will be in post activity to check their comprehension and fluency for speaking target grammar
structure like ‘I am reading a book.’ They'll make present progressive by playing a board game.

If I made some mistakes, please give me feed back!! See you tomorrow~^^

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6Bm-xlojP5WnNfbUdnYktQNTQ/view?usp=sharing

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Heewon Park
Hello, Kyong A!
I want to give you a feedback but I can't see your boardgame T T
Maybe there are some download or on-line system problems..
If possible, could you upload a image of it?
I'll looking forward to seeing your boardgame :)

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Heewon Park
I made a boardgame which has a kind of crossword puzzle!
Because I like it very much and also I think it is a good way to repeat the main vocabulary for student.
This can be used after finishing the lesson about making a plan for trip.
(Student can acquire knowledge related to countries and cities from the lesson.)
Please give me some feedbacks~

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Choi Kyong A
hi~~Heewon, I uploaded it again
Can you find it?
Actually, I couldn't copy my picture like you and June..

And Your crossword puzzle is great!! your students'll love it.^^
I know you focused on that part with deep black color in overlapping part.
How about adding some colors such as yellow color in overlapping part of the box?
I think it'll look better^^

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunsook June Yoon
Nice job Bella!! I want to try making crossword puzzles myself! It will be a fun reviewing activity for my students.

Just one thing: because flying up high in the sky is scaring me
                     because flying up high in the sky scares me

I think this person is not only scared by flying high up in the sky right now but will be in the future and would be in the past as well. In that case, I think present tense is better then present progressive tense. It is just my opinion Bella.  Love your crossword puzzle!

I found two more kkk

2. will visiting
    will visit

3. seems like you have two space in front of barbecue (what about barbecue party? sounds more exciting to me)

Hope this helps. See you tomorrow!

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunsook June Yoon
I can see your board game! Great job, KyoungA!! I will work on the rules of my board game like you mentioned.

Minor things: Correct the mistakes. There is a period (.) for one of the sentences and then there is no period for others.

Student will have fun using progressive tenses. I like that you chose 'I wake up ~ everyday'. It's a nice to way to teach the different usage of tenses!
See you tomorrow!

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Choi Kyong A
thank you for getting me feedback^^
oh~~~~I also found my error, I missed get "up" ,kkkk.

I also found a thing to ask in yours, kkk^^
but I'm not sure of it

Are students going to learn synonym group? " take a shower and take a bath"
If so, it'll be okay. ^^

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Gwang-Hun An

age / level/ type of school: 12~13 / beginner / elementary school
How many students: 20
Hey guys.
In this game, students should flip two cards to match the pairs in turn.
In order to get the cards, they need to match the cards and speak out them.
At the end of the game, A students who has more cards will win.

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Gwang-Hun An
Hey guys.
I'm here to give you feedback.

June! Good job!

The images of this game are quite interesting and funny.
By the way, I think this game will be finished up early.
Why don't you add more slots in this game?

Bella! Good job!

I was wondering what the level or age of the students is.
And, the images in this game are so cute.

Maria! Good job!

Overall structure of this games is eye-catching.
In my opinion, I will put a little more slots in order to make it longer.

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunsook June Yoon
Hi, Alex! It looks like a fun game. :) If you can include a sentence instead of words, that would be nice. For example, if they have scissors, they make a sentence using scissors like "Can I borrow your scissors?".

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunchung
June^^
How are you?
I am trying to make boardgame for elementary school students.
It is not easy to complete.
Yours are simple and easy to play.
I think it works well to practice verb tense for middle school students.
Very good job
by Hyunchung

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunchung
Marina!!

Since yours has detail directions, I think every students in your class understand the rules of the game quickly. And the colorful text makes it interesting. I think it is good for middle school students to practice present progressive.
by Hyunchung

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunchung
Bella!!

It is good.
Crossword is good to draw students' attention in studying language, especially, they can effectively memorize some vocabulary using crossword.
I suggest you to put the first letter of the words into the blank box.
I mean you can give the students some clue for completing the crossword.
For example, for across question #1, you can add 'S' to the blank.
I just worry about some students who are not good at English.
It is my opinions, please consider it before completing your boardgame.
Overall I like yours
by Hyunchung

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunchung
Alex!!

Your board game is really interesting.
I think students would be familiar with some words for classroom materials.
Elementary students tend to move their body very frequently. I think they love this game, in terms of TPR method. Good job Alex
by Hyunchung

Re: Boardgame (Assignment 2)

Hyunchung
Hello, everyone!
You guys are all good. I am not complete my assignment yet.
This is the raw board game materials I want to make.
I need to do handcraft work for completing it.

I will make it for elementary school 4th grade students.
Students can play paper soccer game using present simple and present continuous.
The deadline is today, so I upload these files.
Please look over my ideas and raw materials, if you have any advice for making it better.
Please share your ideas, I will add something for making it.
present_simple_and_present_continuous.pdf
by Hyunchung
12